On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Great Comic Relief Bake Off - Great British Bake Off Special: The Great Comic Relief Bake Off
- 21:00 - The Great Comic Relief Bake Off - Great British Bake Off Special: The Great Comic Relief Bake Off
- 22:00 - The Great Comic Relief Bake Off - Great British Bake Off Special: The Great Comic Relief Bake Off
- Prep time:
- 25 min
- Cook time:
- 1 hr
Mike Robinson conjures up North African flavours in this spicy rabbit stew served with traditional flat breads and roasted vegetables
Method1. Lightly coat the rabbit joints with flour then fry in half the olive oil for 2 minutes or until well coloured. Remove the rabbit and set aside.
2. Add the sliced onion to the pan, along with the peppers, chilli, lemons, olives and the rest of the olive oil and brown gently for two minutes.
3. Squash the garlic and add the cloves to the pan, leaving the skin on.
4. Return the rabbit to the pan and pour in equal amounts of wine and stock, just enough to cover the meat. Cover with a lid and simmer gently on the lowest heat for about an hour, until the rabbit is tender.
5. When cooked, remove the solids from the pan and bring the liquid to the boil. Reduce until it has thickened a little and season with salt and pepper.
6. Serve the rabbit in a rustic bowl with Moroccan flat breads, roasted vegetables, fresh coriander leaves and a swirl of good olive oil.
- 2 rabbits, jointed
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 100 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 2 preserved lemons, quartered
- 100 g green olives, stones removed
- 6 cloves garlic
- white wine
- 200 ml chicken stock
- roasted Mediterranean vegetables
- Moroccan flat bread
- fresh coriander leaves