By: From: Great Food Live
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Joy of Curry - Joy Of Curry (1): Ep 1
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Sunday Dinners
- 22:00 - Man v. Food: The Carnivore Chronicles - Meaty Milestone
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 1 hr 45 min
Jean-Christophe Novelli's sumptuous strawberry, cream and meringue dessert is the perfect ending to a summer meal
Tips and suggestions
- Cooks Tips...
- To make a dessert called Whim Wham substitute raspberries for the strawberries.
- 3 egg whites
- 175 g caster sugar
- 600 ml double cream, whisked until stiff
- 700 g strawberries, hulled and sliced
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Preheat the oven to 100C/gas 1/4
2. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking parchment.
3. Whisk together the egg whites and sugar in a bowl set over a bain marie (pan of gently simmering water) until the mix forms a thick trail when the whisk is removed.
4. Remove the bowl from the bain marie, and continue to whisk for about 2 minutes or until the mixture has cooled down significantly.
5. Using 2 spoons, spoon 6 meringues onto baking trays lined with non-stick baking parchment.
6. Bake for 1 hour 45 minutes until dry and crisp. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
7. When cold, roughly crush the meringues, combine with the strawberries and cream, and pile in a serving bowl.