On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - River Cottage to the Core - Roast Pork, Black Pudding and Gooseberries
- 21:00 - River Cottage to the Core - Blueberry Coronation Chicken and Two Course Pasty
- 22:00 - River Cottage to the Core - Pizza, Blackberry Beer and Chicken Pie
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 45 min
Caroline Yates' traditional pasties from south west England are delicious eaten hot or cold and makes a great lunch, supper or picnic dish
Method1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4
2. In a large bowl, mix the meat with the potatoes, onions and turnip or swede and season well with salt and pepper.
3. Divide the dough in two and roll each into a circle about 0.5cm thick on a lightly floured surface.
4. Divide the filling equally between the two rounds, leaving a 0.5cm space at the edges.
5. Dampen the edges and draw up to meet on top of the filling. Crimp the edges firmly together and make a small slit in the top to allow the steam to escape.
6. Place on a baking tray, brush with beaten egg and bake in the middle of the oven for 45-60 minutes. Eat hot or cold.