On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Caribbean Food Made Easy - CARIBBEAN FOOD MADE EASY
- 20:30 - Chinese Food Made Easy - Seafood
- 21:00 - MasterChef: The Final Three - MasterChef
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 50 min
Warm flavours of star anise, cinnamon and vanilla add a spicy note to Simon Rimmer's version of this traditional fruity pudding
Method1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. In a small saucepan, heat the orange juice, sugar, star anise, cinnamon and vanilla and simmer gently until the liquid becomes a syrup.
3. Meanwhile, cut the rhubarb into 5cm pieces and lay in a 23cm-square ovenproof dish. When the syrup is ready, pour it over the rhubarb and set aside.
4. To make the crumble topping, rub all the topping ingredients together in a mixing bowl until the mixture looks like coarse breadcrumbs. Scatter it over the prepared fruit.
5. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the crumble topping is golden. Serve with clotted cream or custard.
- 200 ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- 125 g sugar
- 2 star anise
- 1 sticks cinnamon, broken in half
- 1 vanilla pod
- 450 g rhubarb
For the crumble topping
- clotted cream, or custard