On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Hairy Bikers' Bakeation - Eastern Europe
- 21:00 - Nigel Slater's Simple Cooking - Hot and Cold
- 21:30 - Heston Blumenthal: In Search Of Perfection - Risotto
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 50 min
Warm flavours of star anise, cinnamon and vanilla add a spicy note to Simon Rimmer's version of this traditional fruity pudding
Method1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. In a small saucepan, heat the orange juice, sugar, star anise, cinnamon and vanilla and simmer gently until the liquid becomes a syrup.
3. Meanwhile, cut the rhubarb into 5cm pieces and lay in a 23cm-square ovenproof dish. When the syrup is ready, pour it over the rhubarb and set aside.
4. To make the crumble topping, rub all the topping ingredients together in a mixing bowl until the mixture looks like coarse breadcrumbs. Scatter it over the prepared fruit.
5. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the crumble topping is golden. Serve with clotted cream or custard.