Wild asparagus and watercress tart with pomegranate molasses dressing
By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 1
- 20:30 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 5
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Family Favourites
- Prep time:
- 20 min, plus 3 hrs chilling
- Cook time:
- 50 min
Silvena Rowe's mouthwatering polenta pastry tart has a creamy vegetable filling and piquant dressing and is perfect for summer entertaining
For the pastry
For the filling
- 200 g watercress, trimmed
- 2 eggs
- 110 ml double cream
- 300 g wild asparagus
- 30 g parmigiano reggiano, freshly grated
For the dressing
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. To make the pastry; process the flour, polenta and salt in a food processor until well combined.
2. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Add the egg and process until the mixture comes together. You can finish off the process by using your hands and knead the dough yourself.
4. Wrap in cling film and put in the fridge for 2 hours.
5. Roll out the pastry 3mm thick and line a 10 x 34 cm x 2.5 cm deep loose-bottomed flan tin. Trim the pastry if it extends over the edges.
6. Cover and put in the fridge for 1 hour.
7. Preheat the oven to 190C/gas 5.
8. Line the tart with baking paper and fill with baking weights or dry beans and bake blind for 10 minutes. Remove the paper and weights and bake for a further 10 minutes.
9. Reduce the oven temperature to 180C/gas 4.
10. Place the watercress in a bowl of boiling water and almost immediately drain, then plunge in cold water. Drain again and chop finely. Squeeze out any remaining moisture.
11. Combine the egg, cream and chopped watercress and season to taste with salt and pepper and mix well.
12. Pour the filling into the tart shell and stand the asparagus tips on top, lengthways, next to each other. Sprinkle with the cheese.
13. Bake for 30 minutes.
14. To make the dressing; combine all the ingredients and whisk well.
15. Serve the tart hot or cold with a drizzle of the pomegranate molasses dressing.