On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - John Torode's Australia - Melbourne Part II
- 21:00 - Hairy Bikers' Best of British - Sweet Tooth
- 22:00 - MasterChef Australia - Masterchef Australia
- Prep time:
- 30 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
Claire Macdonald makes a stylish starter of smoked salmon with crème fraiche and cucumber inside golden herb-speckled crepes
Method1. To make the crepes, whiz the eggs in a food processor and gradually add the flour, milk and melted butter.
2. Add the herbs and process to combine. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Leave the batter to stand for at least 30 minutes.
3. Heat a little butter in a crepe pan over a moderate heat and pour in a small amount of batter, swirling it around in the hot pan so that it forms a thin film over the bottom. Cook for about 30 seconds, until set. Flip the crepe over and cook for 30 seconds or so, until golden.
4. Repeat to use all the mixture, stacking the crepes between sheets of baking parchment to prevent sticking. They can be made up to a day in advance.
5. Peel the cucumber, remove the seeds and cut into dice. Place in a bowl and stir in the smoked salmon and crème fraiche.
6. Place a generous spoonful of the filling on one half of each crepe. Fold the other half over, to make a half moon shape. Place 2 crepes on each plate, lining up the straight sides together, so that they make a full circle.
7. Garnish with dill and serve.