On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - Rachel Khoo's Kitchen Notebook: Cosmopolitan Cook - Istanbul
- 20:30 - Rachel Khoo's Kitchen Notebook: Cosmopolitan Cook - Amalfi Coast
- 21:00 - MasterChef: The Final Three - MasterChef
- Prep time:
- 40 min
- Cook time:
- 1 hr 30 min
Fragrant slow-cooked lamb in a thick and creamy Kashmiri-style sauce makes a special kind of supper from Anjum Anand
Method1. Heat the oil in a non-stick saucepan and cook the onion for about 15 minutes over a gentle heat, until browned.
2. Increase the heat, add the lamb, and cook for 4-5 minutes to seal.
3. Reduce the heat, add the garlic and ginger pastes, coriander, chilli (if using) and salt. Stir and fry for 1 minute.
4. Add a dash of boiling water, cover, and simmer over a low heat for about 1 hour 10 minutes, until the lamb is tender. Add a little hot water to keep the mixture moist as it cooks.
5. Uncover the pan, increase the heat and stir in the milk, yogurt and almonds.
6. Cook for a further 10 minutes, until thickened. The sauce should have the consistency of thick cream.
7. Grind the fennel seeds using a pestle and mortar and add to the pan with the garam masala.
8. Stir in the fresh coriander.
9. Add lemon juice to taste and serve with plain boiled rice and naan bread.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 800 g lean stewing lamb, cubed
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder, (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt, to taste
- 125 ml skimmed milk
- 125 ml low-fat natural yogurt
- 3 tbsp ground almonds
- 1.5 tsp garam masala
- 1.5 tbsp fennel seeds
- handfulfresh coriander, chopped
- lemon juice
- rice and naan breads, to serve