On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - River Cottage: Winter's on the Way - River Cottage: Winter's On The Way, 3
- 21:00 - River Cottage: Winter's on the Way - River Cottage: Winter's On The Way, 4
- 22:00 - River Cottage: Winter's on the Way - River Cottage: Winter's On The Way, 1
- Prep time:
- 40 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
Jean-Christophe Novelli woks up a favourite feast from the Hakkasan restaurant in this dish of spiced Singapore noodles and seafood
Method1. Pour enough oil into a wok to cover about a third of the wok in depth; place over a very high heat.
2. Once the oil is hot, add the prawns and squid and deep fry for 30 seconds. Pour the oil and seafood into a metal sieve over a pan and leave the seafood to one side.
3. Add 2-3 teaspoons of the oil to the wok and stir-fry the peppers, onions and garlic for about 2-3 minutes, until very lightly golden. Remove from the wok and leave to one side.
4. Return the seafood to the wok, add the noodles and stir fry vigorously for 4-5 minutes, sprinkling with a little water as it cooks. Empty the wok and set the seafood noodles to one side.
5. Return the peppers, onions and garlic to the wok, crack in the eggs and stir-fry with a sprinkling of water for 1-2 minutes. Keep the eggs moving around the wok.
6. Add the seafood, noodles and bean sprouts.
7. Stir in the salt, sugar and curry powder.
8. Stir fry for a further 2-3 minutes.
9. Stir in a little more water and serve in bowls, garnished with a sprinkling of toasted sesame seeds and a scattering of chopped coriander.
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 160 g uncooked prawns, peeled
- 160 g squid, cut into 1cm ribbons
- 120 g green peppers, sliced
- 120 g red peppers, sliced
- 240 g onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 480 g Singapore vermicelli noodles
- 4 eggs
- 240 g bean sprouts
- 12 g salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 30 g mild curry powder