On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie Does... - Andalucia
- 21:00 - Tom Kerridge's Proper Pub Food - Food for Friends
- 21:30 - Tom Kerridge's Proper Pub Food - Outdoor Food
- Prep time:
- 25 min, plus 1 hr marinating time
- Cook time:
- 3 hrs
Quick preparation and long slow cooking make this hearty casserole from Frank Bordini perfect for a winter's meal
Method1. Cut the venison into cubes and place in a non-reactive bowl. Pour over the Guinness and red wine.
2. Add the bay leaves, thyme, juniper berries, onion and garlic. Leave for 1 hour to marinate.
3. Drain the meat and pat dry, reserving the marinade. Season the flour with salt and freshly ground black pepper, and use to coat the meat, shaking off any excess.
4. Heat the butter and olive oil in a casserole and brown the venison on all sides. Add the marinade. Bring to the boil and simmer for 2-3 hours, until the venison is tender. Serve with country-style bread.