Khmer style marrow salad
By: From: Great Food Live
On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - Michel Roux Jr and Michel Roux Snr
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers' Guide - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers Guide: Ep 8
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - On the Frontline
- Prep time:
- 25 min
- Cook time:
- 5 min
Marrow gets the modern treatment in this mouth-watering fusion-inspired salad from Tom Norrington-Davis
For the salad
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 12 shelled cold water prawns
- 1 smoked mackerel fillet, flaked
- ½ marrow
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
For the dressing
- 100 g roasted peanuts
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 small red chillies, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 lime, juice only
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp sugar
- 4 sprigs tarragon
- 4 sprigs coriander
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Heat the oil in a wok and fry the prawns. When they are just cooked, add the mackerel and cook for a couple of minutes to warm through. Remove the fish from the pan and set aside.
2. Peel and grate the marrow. Sprinkle it with a little salt and set aside.
3. Crush the peanuts in a pestle and mortar to make a fine rubble.
4. To make the dressing, combine the peanuts with the fish sauce, chilli, lime juice, garlic and sugar.
5. Squeeze any moisture from the marrow flesh and toss the marrow, radish, prawns and mackerel with the dressing.
6. Garnish with sprigs of tarragon and coriander before serving.