On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Two Greedy Italians - Puglia
- 21:00 - Hairy Bikers' Best of British - Sweet Tooth
- 22:00 - Donut Showdown - Picnic
- Prep time:
- 25 min
- Cook time:
- 5 min
Marrow gets the modern treatment in this mouth-watering fusion-inspired salad from Tom Norrington-Davis
Method1. Heat the oil in a wok and fry the prawns. When they are just cooked, add the mackerel and cook for a couple of minutes to warm through. Remove the fish from the pan and set aside.
2. Peel and grate the marrow. Sprinkle it with a little salt and set aside.
3. Crush the peanuts in a pestle and mortar to make a fine rubble.
4. To make the dressing, combine the peanuts with the fish sauce, chilli, lime juice, garlic and sugar.
5. Squeeze any moisture from the marrow flesh and toss the marrow, radish, prawns and mackerel with the dressing.
6. Garnish with sprigs of tarragon and coriander before serving.
For the salad
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 12 shelled cold water prawns
- 1 smoked mackerel fillet, flaked
- ½ marrow
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
For the dressing
- 100 g roasted peanuts
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 small red chillies, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 lime, juice only
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp sugar
- 4 sprigs tarragon
- 4 sprigs coriander