On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's Best Ever Christmas - Jamie's Best Ever Christmas, 2
- 21:00 - Stuffed: The Great British Christmas Dinner - Stuffed: The Great British Christmas Dinner
- 22:00 - Jamie's Christmas with Bells On - Jamie's Christmas with Bells On Ep 1
- Prep time:
- 40 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
Tom Norrington-Davis transforms the humble marrow into crisp slightly spicy fritters to serve with a cooling mint yogurt dip
Method1. Peel the marrow, cut into slices along its length and then cut into small crescent shapes; set aside.
2. Beat the egg in a small bowl, and scatter the flour over a large plate.
3. Mix the polenta with a little seasoning and the chilli. Scatter over another large plate.
4. Heat the oil in a wok or fryer and test the temperature with a piece of bread - if it bubbles and browns within a minute when added to the oil, you can start to cook the fritters.
5. Dip the marrow first into the flour and then into the egg mix. Toss in the polenta to coat. Fry until golden, and remove with a slotted spoon. Place on absorbent kitchen paper to drain off excess oil.
6. Stir the yogurt and mint together and serve with the hot fritters.