On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie Does... - Marrakech
- 21:00 - Lorraine's Fast, Fresh & Easy Food - Everyday Easy
- 21:30 - Gok Cooks Chinese - Feast Food
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
Ainsley Harriott's spicy beanburgers are packed with spinach, cannelloni beans and chilli - try slapping them on the barbie...
Method1. Heat the oil in a small saucepan and cook the onion, garlic and chilli for 5 minutes until softened. Squeeze the excess moisture out of the spinach and place in a large bowl.
2. Mash the beans well and mix with the spinach, breadcrumbs, cumin and coriander. Add the fried onion mixture and stir well together.
3. Season to taste and shape into four round burgers. Grill or shallow fry for a few minutes on each side until crisp and golden. Serve in burger buns with relish and salad.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 100 g chopped frozen spinach, thawed
- 400 g can cannellini beans
- 50 g freshwhite breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp coriander, chopped
- salt and black pepper
- burger buns, relish and salad, to serve