On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Rick Stein's Mediterranean Escapes - Rick Stein's Mediterranean Escapes
- 21:00 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Baltimore
- 21:30 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Pennsylvania
- Prep time:
- 30 min
- Cook time:
- 40 min
For a spot of gravy with this Ainsley Harriott dish, simply stir a tablespoon of plain flour into the cooking juices and add 120ml of chicken stock, whisking to combine; simmer for a couple of minutes, sieve and serve
Method1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Top and tail the courgettes, then coarsely grate in a food processor, or use a mandolin or box grater. Tip into a clean tea towel and squeeze out any excess moisture.
2. Melt a knob of the butter in a large, ovenproof frying-pan. Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened but not browned. Add the grated courgettes, increase the heat and sauté for another 3-4 minutes until just tender. Tip on to a plate to cool a little.
3. Using a fork, soften the remaining butter in a bowl, then beat in the soft cheese. Mix in half the breadcrumbs, the egg yolk, herbs, and onion and courgette mixture, mixing well to combine. Stir in the remaining breadcrumbs and Parmesan, and then season to taste.
4. Wipe out the frying-pan and return to the heat. Using a sharp knife, make a pocket in each chicken breast by cutting horizontally almost all the way through but leaving them attached at one side, then push about a tablespoon of the stuffing into each, spreading it with a round-bladed knife. Carefully lift the skin of each breast and spread a little more of the stuffing between the flesh and the skin, then seal and secure with cocktail sticks. Season all over.
5. Add the olive oil to the frying-pan, then cook the chicken breasts skin-side down for 3-4 minutes, until golden, turning once. Transfer to the oven and cook for another 15-20 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from the oven, and leave to rest for 5 minutes. Carve each chicken breast into 3 slices and arrange on warmed serving plates accompanied by roasted new potatoes.
- 2 courgettes, (about 225g in total)
- 40 g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 50 g full-fat cream cheese
- 25 g fine white breadcrumbs, made from day-old bread
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp chopped mixed fresh herbs, (such as tarragon, parsley and chervil)
- 2 tbsp parmesan, freshly grated
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- black pepper
- roasted new potatoes, to serve