On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - John Torode's Australia - Queensland Part II
- 21:00 - Hairy Bikers' Best of British - Slow Food
- 22:00 - MasterChef Australia - Masterchef Australia
- Prep time:
- 25 min
- Cook time:
- 20 min
For fans of a hearty cooked breakfast, this tasty breakfast offering from Mike Robinson makes a deliciously different start to the day
Method1. Slice the liver and the heart in half. Trim the heart into smaller, equal-sized pieces.
2. Roll the kidneys, liver and heart pieces in flour to coat them.
3. Melt one tablespoon of the butter in a large frying pan set over a moderate heat and fry the bacon until crisp. Transfer to a large plate and keep warm.
4. Add a second tablespoon of butter to the pan and fry the eggs. Transfer to the same plate as the bacon and keep warm.
5. Add a further tablespoon of butter and fry the kidneys and heart for 1 minute.
6. Add the liver and fry for 10 seconds.
7. Stir in the red wine and continue cooking for a further 5 seconds. Transfer the liver, heart and kidneys to the same plate as the bacon, leaving the red wine in the pan.
8. Roll the remaining butter in a little seasoned flour and add this to the red wine. Cook for 10 seconds or so, until the juices have thickened. Pour over the meat plate and serve at once.