On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Two Greedy Italians - Puglia
- 21:00 - River Cottage Veg Every Day - Summer Pleasures
- 22:00 - MasterChef: The Final Three - MasterChef
- Prep time:
- 45 min, plus 12 hrs refrigeration
- Cook time:
- 24 hrs
If you hanker for a taste of the past and have time on your hands, try Mike Robinson's take on the old traditional favourite of jellied brawn
Method1. Cut the cheeks and ears off the pig's head and place everything, including the trotters and tail, in a large saucepan of boiling water. Simmer for 24 hours then leave it to cool in its cooking liquor.
2. Drain and remove all the meat from the head. Chop the meat finely and transfer to a bowl.
3. Add the fennel, carrot and shallots.
4. Stir in the herbs, season with celery salt, and mix everything together.
5. Decorate the bottom of a serving bowl with bay leaves, and spoon the meat onto the leaves.
6. Drizzle the lemon juice evenly over the meat and ladle in the cooking liquid. Refrigerate for 12 hours until set, and serve.