On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's American Road Trip - Wyoming
- 21:00 - River Cottage: Summer's Here - River Cottage Summer, 2
- 22:00 - MasterChef Ireland - MasterChef Ireland (2), 11
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 5 min
Spice your party right with Gino D'Acampo's delectable crab dip, surrounded by crunchy brushetta
Method1. In a large bowl, combine the crab and the cream cheese and season with salt and pepper.
2. Stir in the lemon juice, anchovy paste and Worcestershire sauce. Fold in the pimento and cayenne pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
3. For the topping; place all the topping ingredients in a food processor and blend to a roughly-textured paste. Preheat a grill for the bread.
4. Slice the ciabatta into slices, about 1cm thick. Drizzle each slice with olive oil and toast both sides under the grill.
5. Spoon the crab mixture onto a plate. Using a spoon, make a hollow in the centre of the dish, and spoon in the parsley mixture. Surround the dish with toasted ciabatta slices and serve.
For the dip
- 250 g white crab meat, or tinned tuna, flaked
- 250 g soft cream cheese
- 1/2 lemons, juice only
- 2 tbsp anchovy paste
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 60 g canned red pimentos, finely diced
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and black pepper, to taste
For the parsley topping
- 4 tbsp flat leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp snipped chives
- 1 tbsp capers, in salt
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 100 g white breadcrumbs
- 1 gherkin, chopped
- 3 tinned tinned anchovies
- 100 ml extra virgin Italian olive oil
For the bruschetta
- 1 ciabatta bread
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil