Pork and apple sausages with parsnip mash
On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers - What Grows Together
- 20:30 - Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers - Made for Each Other
- 21:00 - New Choccywoccydoodah: Starstruck - 'Tis the Season to Be Choccy...
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 20 min
Sweet parsnips and apples compliment this hearty version of bangers 'n' mash, served with a light beer gravy
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Cover the potatoes and parsnips with water in a large saucepan; boil for 10-15 minutes until soft.
2. Meanwhile in a large pan, dry fry the pork and apple sausages for 12-15 minutes until cooked through. Add the light beer and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add the sugar and gravy granules; cook until thickened.
3. Drain the potatoes and parsnips, and mash with a knob of butter and a dash of milk.
4. Serve the sausages with the potato and parsnip mash and beer gravy.