On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's Family Christmas - Party Food
- 20:30 - Rachel Allen's Everyday Kitchen at Christmas - Rachel Allen's Everyday Kitchen at Christmas
- 21:00 - New: Choccywoccydoodah Christmas - New: Choccywoccydoodah Christmas
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 20 min
Sweet parsnips and apples compliment this hearty version of bangers 'n' mash, served with a light beer gravy
Method1. Cover the potatoes and parsnips with water in a large saucepan; boil for 10-15 minutes until soft.
2. Meanwhile in a large pan, dry fry the pork and apple sausages for 12-15 minutes until cooked through. Add the light beer and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add the sugar and gravy granules; cook until thickened.
3. Drain the potatoes and parsnips, and mash with a knob of butter and a dash of milk.
4. Serve the sausages with the potato and parsnip mash and beer gravy.