On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's American Road Trip - Wyoming
- 21:00 - River Cottage: Summer's Here - River Cottage Summer, 2
- 22:00 - MasterChef Ireland - MasterChef Ireland (2), 11
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 2 hrs 50 min
Try Mike Robinson's glistening ham next time you have friends or family over - it's simple to make and tastes great too
Method1. Tie string around the ham to keep the meat in a compact shape as it cooks. Place in a large pan and cover with the water and cider. Cover with a lid and simmer for 2 ½ hours, until the meat is tender.
2. Leave it to cool in the cooking liquid. Carefully cut the skin off the ham, making sure to leave the fat on. Criss-cross the fat with a sharp knife. Preheat the oven to 220C/gas 7.
3. For the glaze, warm the honey, mustard and cider in a pan and boil until it thickens to a treacle-like consistency. Spoon the glaze over the ham fat, and place in a roasting tin. Dot the cloves over the surface and bake for 20 minutes, or until the glaze has caramelised.
4. Cut slices from the ham and serve with crusty bread, green beans and buttered new potatoes.