On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Rachel Allen: All Things Sweet - Afternoon Tea
- 20:30 - Lorraine's Fast, Fresh & Easy Food - Simple Classics
- 21:00 - River Cottage - River Cottage: Winter's On The Way, 3
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
Making your own Thai curry paste is easy than you might think - substitute chicken for tofu, fish or any other meat to vary the recipe
Method1. Place all the curry paste ingredients in the Braun High Speed Chopper and blend to a paste.
2. Heat the oil in a wok or large saucepan, add the chicken pieces and brown all over then add the curry paste and stir fry until the chicken is coated and the paste fragrant. Add the lime leaves and juice, stock and sugar and stir fry for a further 2 minutes.
3. Add the green beans and coconut milk and bring to a slow simmer for 10 minutes but do not boil, until the chicken is cooked through. Garnish with the fresh coriander to serve.
- 4 chicken breast fillets, each weighing approx 165g, skinned, boned and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 lime leaves
- 1 lime, juice only
- 125 ml chicken stock
- 0.5 tsp caster sugar
- 200 g green beans
- 400 ml canned coconut milk
- 1 small bunches coriander, roughly chopped
For the curry paste