On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Rachel Allen's Cake Diaries - Say it with Cake
- 20:30 - Rachel Allen: All Things Sweet - Afternoon Tea
- 21:00 - The Great Comic Relief Bake Off - Great British Bake Off Special: The Great Comic Relief Bake Off
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 20 min
Alex MacKay's makes breadcrumb-coated testicles - they're surprisingly tender and delicious with softened vegetables - go on, don't be squeamish!
Method1. With a sharp knife, split the tough skin-like muscle that surrounds each testicle and transfer to a large saucepan.
2. Cover with water and vinegar. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes, until tender. Drain and rinse under cold water until cool. Slice each testicle into 1cm thick ovals and set aside.
3. While the testicles are cooking, tip the sliced onion, garlic and peppers into a large pan. Add the extra virgin olive oil and water. Cover and cook over a high heat for about 10 minutes, until soft. Season well and set aside.
4. Toss the sliced testicles in the flour, followed by the beaten egg and finally the breadcrumbs. Heat a large pan with the vegetable oil and fry, in a single layer, for 3-4 minutes until golden. Add the butter, let it sizzle for a minute and stir in the parsley.
5. Season the testicles and serve with the stewed peppers.
- 50 ml white wine vinegar
- seasoned flour, for dusting
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 100 g fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 40 g unsalted butter
- 1 small bunches flat leaf parsley, leaves picked from stalks
For the vegetables