On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Rick Stein's Food Heroes: Another Helping - Rick Stein's Food Heroes: Another H (2): Ep 11
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Food Heroes: Another Helping - Rick Stein's Food Heroes: Another H (2): Ep 12
- 21:00 - Rick Stein's Food Heroes: Another Helping - Rick Stein's Food Heroes: Another H (2): Ep 1
- Prep time:
- 20 min, plus 1 hr standing
- Cook time:
- 20 min
Be sure to soak wooden skewers in cold water to prevent them burning when you make Brian Turner's spicy chicken koftas
Method1. In a spice grinder, grind together the chilli, coriander seeds, fenugreek seeds and mustard seeds.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add the spices and crushed garlic to the chicken and mix well. Leave to stand for 1 hour.
3. Stir in the parsley and seasoning. With your hands, shape the chicken into even-sized sausage shapes and press each sausage around a soaked wooden skewer.
4. Heat enough ground nut oil to cover the base of a griddle pan. Cook the chicken koftas on the griddle pan until coloured and tender - about 10-15 minutes.
5. Combine the sesame seeds with parsley, garlic and lemon zest. Add sesame seed oil, olive oil and lemon juice and season. Serve the hot koftas with the sesame seed and parsley dressing
- ½ tsp dried red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- ½ tsp fenugreek seeds
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 450 g minced chicken
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- groundnut oil, for frying
- 1 tbsp olive oil
For the sesame seed and parsley dressing