Spiced chicken koftas with sesame seeds and parsley
By: From: Great Food Live
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers - What Grows Together
- 20:30 - Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers - Made for Each Other
- 21:00 - New Choccywoccydoodah: Starstruck - 'Tis the Season to Be Choccy...
- Prep time:
- 20 min, plus 1 hr standing
- Cook time:
- 20 min
Be sure to soak wooden skewers in cold water to prevent them burning when you make Brian Turner's spicy chicken koftas
- ½ tsp dried red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- ½ tsp fenugreek seeds
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 450 g minced chicken
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- groundnut oil, for frying
- 1 tbsp olive oil
For the sesame seed and parsley dressing
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. In a spice grinder, grind together the chilli, coriander seeds, fenugreek seeds and mustard seeds.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add the spices and crushed garlic to the chicken and mix well. Leave to stand for 1 hour.
3. Stir in the parsley and seasoning. With your hands, shape the chicken into even-sized sausage shapes and press each sausage around a soaked wooden skewer.
4. Heat enough ground nut oil to cover the base of a griddle pan. Cook the chicken koftas on the griddle pan until coloured and tender - about 10-15 minutes.
5. Combine the sesame seeds with parsley, garlic and lemon zest. Add sesame seed oil, olive oil and lemon juice and season. Serve the hot koftas with the sesame seed and parsley dressing