On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's American Road Trip - Arizona
- 21:00 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Boston
- 21:30 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Massachusetts
- Prep time:
- 30 min
- Cook time:
- 25 min
- Makes 12 tortillas
Gino D`Acampo shows how quick and easy freshly made tortillas are to prepare at home with this easy to emulate recipe
Method1. Place the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl, rub in the lard.
2. Add the water in a steady stream, and combine, until the mixture becomes a stiff but pliable dough.
3. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead for 10-15 minutes until smooth and elastic.
4. Divide the dough into 12 equal sized pieces and roll each piece out to form a 30cm circle. Cover with cling film to prevent them drying out.
5. Warm a heavy frying pan or griddle and cook each tortilla for 1 minute on each side, until the surface bubbles and has turned a light golden colour.
6. Wrap the tortillas in a clean tea towel to keep them warm and pliable until you have cooked them all and are ready to use them. Fill as desired.