On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - John Torode's Australia - Sydney Part I
- 21:00 - Hairy Bikers' Best of British - Food Festivals
- 22:00 - Donut Showdown - Football
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
Horseradish, chilli and zingy lemon make the perfect foil for oily mackerel in this lip-smacking recipe from Anthony Worrall Thompson
Method1. Make 2 slashes on each side of the mackerel, and sprinkle chopped red chillies in each cut.
2. Season with black pepper and rub each fish, on both sides, with the olive oil.
3. Preheat a grill or barbecue, and when hot, cook the fish for 5 - 7 minutes on each side - or until the skin is crisp and the fish tender.
4. While the fish is under the grill, combine the spring onions, horseradish, dried chilli and rosemary.
5. Add the lemon juice and enough water to give a pouring consistency.
6. Drizzle the horseradish and chilli mixture over the mackerel and serve straight from the grill with steamed new potatoes and a crisp salad.
- 4 small whole mackerel, heads removed, gutted, cleaned
- 2 red chillies, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 4 tsp freshly grated horseradish
- 4 tsp dried red chilli flakes
- 2 tsp choppedleaves rosemary
- 2 lemons, juice only
- new potatoes
- mixed salad