On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Hairy Bikers Come Home - Hairy Bikers Come Home
- 21:00 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Salem
- 21:30 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Virginia
- Prep time:
- 45 min
- Cook time:
- 1 hr 10 min
A swirl of soft creamy cheese, amaretto and blackcurrants - Mike Robinson's boozy cheesecake is guaranteed to delight
Method1. Preheat the oven to 150C/gas 1. Puree the blackcurrants in a food processor and strain through a sieve. You should have about 100ml of puree.
2. Place the puree and sugar in a small saucepan set over a medium heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
3. Simmer for 8-10 minutes, until thickened, and set aside to cool.
4. To make the base, place the biscuits in a food processor and process until crushed.
5. Add the ground almonds and butter and blend once more, until combined.
6. Grease a 20cm spring form tin and line the base with non-stick baking paper. Press the crumb mixture over the base and refrigerate until firm.
7. For the filling, blend the cream cheese and amaretto in a food processor until smooth. Add the sour cream, eggs, sugar and vanilla, and process until combined. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the base. Drizzle the blackcurrant mixture over. and swirl lightly with a knife.
8. Bake for 1 hour, until firm to the touch.
9. Leave to cool at room temperature, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
10. Decorate with chocolate shavings and serve in wedges.
For the fruit puree
- 225 g fresh or frozen blackcurrants
- 50 g caster sugar
For the base
For the filling