Blackcurrant swirl cheesecake
By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - Michel Roux Jr and Michel Roux Snr
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers' Guide - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers Guide: Ep 8
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - On the Frontline
- Prep time:
- 45 min
- Cook time:
- 1 hr 10 min
A swirl of soft creamy cheese, amaretto and blackcurrants - Mike Robinson's boozy cheesecake is guaranteed to delight
For the fruit puree
- 225 g fresh or frozen blackcurrants
- 50 g caster sugar
For the base
For the filling
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Preheat the oven to 150C/gas 1. Puree the blackcurrants in a food processor and strain through a sieve. You should have about 100ml of puree.
2. Place the puree and sugar in a small saucepan set over a medium heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
3. Simmer for 8-10 minutes, until thickened, and set aside to cool.
4. To make the base, place the biscuits in a food processor and process until crushed.
5. Add the ground almonds and butter and blend once more, until combined.
6. Grease a 20cm spring form tin and line the base with non-stick baking paper. Press the crumb mixture over the base and refrigerate until firm.
7. For the filling, blend the cream cheese and amaretto in a food processor until smooth. Add the sour cream, eggs, sugar and vanilla, and process until combined. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the base. Drizzle the blackcurrant mixture over. and swirl lightly with a knife.
8. Bake for 1 hour, until firm to the touch.
9. Leave to cool at room temperature, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
10. Decorate with chocolate shavings and serve in wedges.