On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Great Comic Relief Bake Off - Great British Bake Off Special: The Great Comic Relief Bake Off
- 21:00 - The Great Comic Relief Bake Off - Great British Bake Off Special: The Great Comic Relief Bake Off
- 22:00 - The Great Comic Relief Bake Off - Great British Bake Off Special: The Great Comic Relief Bake Off
Submitted by: missellieo
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 2 hrs 10 min
Rick Stein's Vinny cheese tart lends a deliciously creamy flavour, complemented by rich-tasting summery tomatoes
Method1. Preheat the oven to its highest setting. Cut the tomatoes in half lengthways and place them cut-side up in a lightly oiled, shallow roasting tin. Sprinkle over 11/2 teaspoons of Maldon salt and some black pepper and roast for 15 minutes. Lower the oven temperature to 150°C/gas 2 and roast them for a further 11/4-11/2 hours until they have shrivelled in size but are still slightly juicy in the centre. Remove and set aside.
2. Increase the oven temperature to 200°C/gas 6. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface into a 30 x 37.5 cm rectangle. Lift it onto a lightly greased baking sheet, prick here and there with a fork and bake blind for 18-20 minutes until crisp and golden. Remove from the oven, carefully turn it over and bake for a further 5 minutes.
3. Arrange the tomatoes haphazardly over the tart base, leaving a narrow border free around the edge. Crumble over the slices of Blue Vinny, sprinkle over the thyme leaves and drizzle over the olive oil. Return the tart to the oven for 5-6 minutes until the cheese has melted.
4. Remove the tart from the oven and scatter the rocket over the top. Cut it into 8 pieces, sprinkle with a little extra virgin olive oil and serve.