On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - Aberdeenshire
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - Staffordshire
- 22:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - Argyll and Bute
- Prep time:
- 25 min, plus overnight resting
- Cook time:
- 1 hr 45 min
Serve Rick Stein's pork belly, liver, bacon and herb terrine with crusty country-style bread and cornichons...
Method1. Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onions and fry gently until soft but not browned. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and leave to cool.
2. Put the pork belly into a food processor and chop, using the pulse button, into a coarse but not too coarse mixture. Add to the onions in the bowl. Put the bacon and liver in the food processor and again, coarsely chop, then transfer to the bowl.
3. Add the garlic, chopped herbs, salt and pepper and mix everything together really well - the best way of distributing the ingredients evenly is with your hands.
4. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Put the mixture into a lightly oiled 1.5 litre terrine dish or loaf tin and slightly round off the top. Cover with a lid or some foil, put into a small roasting tin and pour enough hot water into the tin to come half way up the sides of the dish. Bake for 1.5 hours.
5. Uncover the terrine and cook for a further 15 minutes, until it is lightly coloured on top. Remove the dish from the roasting tin and leave to cool, then weight down the terrine overnight in the fridge. The easiest way to do this is to cut out a piece of cardboard that will fit inside the rim of the dish, cover it with foil, then place it on top of the terrine and place a few weights or unopened cans on top.
6. To serve, remove the terrine from the dish in slices. Accompany with lots of crusty bread, the pickled blueberries, beetroot chutney and some cornichons.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 175 g onions, finely chopped
- 1 kg rindless boned pork belly
- 175 g rindless back bacon
- 175 g lamb's or pig's liver, cut into small pieces
- 2 small cloves garlic, finely chopped
- large handful parsley, finely chopped
- 1.5 tbsp chopped rosemary
- 1.5 tbsp chopped thyme
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1.5 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- pickled blueberries
- beetroot chutney
- crusty bread