Stuffed chicken legs with braised artichoke and lettuce
By: From: Great Food Live
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Joy of Curry - Joy Of Curry (1): Ep 1
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Sunday Dinners
- 22:00 - Man v. Food: The Carnivore Chronicles - Meaty Milestone
- Prep time:
- 50 min
- Cook time:
- 25 min
Ed Baines braises chicken legs with a tasty couscous stuffing in a glorious casserole of artichokes, beans and lettuce
For the chicken
- 200 g couscous, quick cooking
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 chicken legs, bones removed
- 1 beef tomato, roughly chopped
- 1 bunches basil, roughly chopped
- 5 tbsp pitted green olives, chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
For the artichokes
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Cover the couscous with boiling water and set aside for 5 minutes. Strain the couscous and fluff up with a fork.
2. Stir in the olive oil and leave to cool.
3. Mix the tomato and basil together, season with salt and pepper and stir into the couscous with the olives, onions and garlic.
4. Stuff the boned chicken legs with the couscous mixture and shape the legs into parcels. Tie with kitchen string to secure the filling in place.
5. Take the artichoke hearts and trim with a bread knife, scoop out the choke and cut into wedges.
6. Cut the runner beans into large diamond pieces.
7. Cut both the lettuces into wedges.
8. Heat the oil in a large casserole and fry the chicken legs until browned on all sides.
9. Remove the chicken from the pan, add the onion and garlic and cook until soft.
10. Stir in the artichoke hearts, runner beans and lettuce. Cook for 1 minute, before adding the wine and chicken stock. Bring to a boil, add the chicken legs and reduce the heat.
11. Stir in the parsley and bay leaf. Cover with a lid and simmer for 20 minutes, until the chicken is tender. Serve straight away.