On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Lorraine's Fast, Fresh and Easy Food - Simple Classics
- 20:30 - Gok Cooks Chinese - Traditional
- 21:00 - River Cottage Veg Every Day - Power
Method1. Peel and slice the potatoes as thinly as you can; a mandolin is a handy gadget to use for this.
2. In a large saucepan, lightly fry the shallots and garlic in the butter for 1-2 minutes. Add the milk and cream and bring to a simmer.
3. Add the potatoes to the pan and continue simmering for about 8-10 minutes until they're tender.
4. Preheat a grill to hot.
5. Season well and tip the potatoes into a heatproof serving dish. Scatter over the grated Cheddar, and break the mozzarella into bite-sized pieces and dot over the surface.
6. Place the dish under a hot grill for a couple of minutes to melt the cheese and colour the surface. Serve straight away.