On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Man v. Food: The Carnivore Chronicles - Delicious and Historical
- 20:30 - Man v. Food: The Carnivore Chronicles - Meat is Still Awesome
- 21:00 - Man v. Food: The Carnivore Chronicles - Meat Glorious Meat
Submitted by: claireD47668
- Prep time:
- 25 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
In this classic French recipe, James Martin indulges in wafer-thin potato slices, simmered in lashings of cream.
More potato recipes
Method1. Peel and slice the potatoes as thinly as you can; a mandolin is a handy gadget to use for this.
2. In a large saucepan, lightly fry the shallots and garlic in the butter for 1-2 minutes. Add the milk and cream and bring to a simmer.
3. Add the potatoes to the pan and continue simmering for about 8-10 minutes until they're tender.
4. Preheat a grill to hot.
5. Season well and tip the potatoes into a heatproof serving dish. Scatter over the grated Cheddar, and break the mozzarella into bite-sized pieces and dot over the surface.
6. Place the dish under a hot grill for a couple of minutes to melt the cheese and colour the surface. Serve straight away.