On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - River Cottage: Summer's Here - River Cottage Summer, 1
- 21:00 - Hairy Bikers Everyday Gourmets - Luxury Lunches
- 22:00 - MasterChef: The Final Three - MasterChef
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 30 min
- makes 1 x 500g jar
Ring the changes and use Indian spices to complement this delicious chilli-spiked chutney made by Janet Brinkworth
Method1. Place a heavy-based saucepan on a moderate heat, and when hot, add the sunflower oil, followed by the red onion. Fry for 2-3 minutes until the onion has softened.
2. Add the chillies, mustard seeds, cumin, turmeric and cinnamon to the pan. Continue frying for a further 2 minutes.
3. Tip in the kumquats and cook for 3-4 minutes, until just beginning to soften.
4. Add the brown sugar and pour over the vinegar, while still on the heat. Cover, and simmer for 8-10 minutes, until the kumquats have completely softened and lost their shape.
5. Remove the lid and continue boiling for a further 6-8 minutes until the juices have cooked down and thickened.
6. Remove the pan from the heat and leave to cool. Serve this chutney at room temperature with cold cuts and Asian flatbreads.