On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Two Greedy Italians: Still Hungry - Lazio and Machismo
- 21:00 - Two Fat Ladies - Cocktail Party
- 21:30 - Two Fat Ladies - Lunch
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 5 min
Colin Pressdee rustles up a floral treat in this sensational seasonal recipe for elderflower fritters with honey and yogurt sauce
Method1. Whisk the egg yolk, flour and milk together until smooth and set aside for 20 minutes.
2. Whisk the egg white to soft peaks and gently fold into the batter, keeping the mixture as light as possible.
3. Heat the oil in a deep fat fryer to 180C.
4. Using a pair of kitchen scissors, snip the elderflowers into individual florets, leaving on as much stem as possible.
5. Dip the florets into the batter and drop into the hot oil. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until golden brown. Remove and drain on kitchen paper.
6. Mix the yogurt and honey together in a bowl. Serve the hot fritters with the yogurt and honey sauce.
For the fritters
For the yogurt and honey sauce
- 150 ml organic Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp acacia honey
Tips and suggestions
The elderflowers should ideally be picked in the morning after the sun has warmed them. Shake the flowers carefully to remove small insects, but don't wash them.