From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - James Martin: Yorkshire's Finest - York Betty's
- 20:30 - James Martin: Yorkshire's Finest - Whitby Kippers
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah: Starstruck - Things That Go Bump in the Night
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 5 min
Colin Pressdee rustles up a floral treat in this sensational seasonal recipe for elderflower fritters with honey and yogurt sauce
Tips and suggestions
- Cooks Tips...
The elderflowers should ideally be picked in the morning after the sun has warmed them. Shake the flowers carefully to remove small insects, but don't wash them.
For the fritters
For the yogurt and honey sauce
- 150 ml organic Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp acacia honey
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Whisk the egg yolk, flour and milk together until smooth and set aside for 20 minutes.
2. Whisk the egg white to soft peaks and gently fold into the batter, keeping the mixture as light as possible.
3. Heat the oil in a deep fat fryer to 180C.
4. Using a pair of kitchen scissors, snip the elderflowers into individual florets, leaving on as much stem as possible.
5. Dip the florets into the batter and drop into the hot oil. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until golden brown. Remove and drain on kitchen paper.
6. Mix the yogurt and honey together in a bowl. Serve the hot fritters with the yogurt and honey sauce.