Seared fillet of beef with new potato and soft boiled egg salad
By: From: Great Food Live
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Man v. Food - Portland, OR
- 20:30 - Man v. Food - Seattle
- 21:00 - MasterChef Ireland - MasterChef Ireland, 7
- Prep time:
- 20 min, plus 30 mins marinating
- Cook time:
- 10 min
Easy, impressive and irresistible, this seared beef and salad combo from Paul Heathcote is certain to be a success
For the salad
- 4 eggs
- 12 cooked new potatoes, halved
- 1 baby gem lettuce, washed and dried
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
For the beef
- 300 g beef fillet
- black pepper
For the marinade
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Season the beef with salt and freshly ground pepper. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and sear the beef on all sides until golden brown. This should take about 3-4 minutes. Leave on one side until cool. Transfer to a freezer for 30 minutes - this will firm up the texture to make it easier to slice.
2. Slice the beef as thinly as possible and lay the meat flat on a plate.
3. Mix the marinade ingredients together and pour over the beef slices. Leave to steep for 10 minutes, before turning the meat over and marinating for a further 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, boil the eggs for 5½ minutes, before dropping immediately into cold water. Leave to cool, and remove the shells.
5. Arrange the potatoes and baby gem leaves in a salad bowl. Dress in olive oil, and season to taste.
6. Divide the salad and potatoes equally between 4 plates and add a few slices of marinated beef. Gently tear the eggs open and place one in the middle of each salad. Sprinkle over a little red cress, if available, and serve.