On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Great Sport Relief Bake Off - Great British Bake Off Special: The Great Sport Relief Bake Off
- 21:00 - The Great Sport Relief Bake Off - Great British Bake Off Special: The Great Sport Relief Bake Off
- 22:00 - You Gotta Eat Here - The Club, Foo, Tundra & Inn Pub
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
Golden, crunchy and served hot-from-the-pan, these Parmesan coated aubergine crisps from Janet Brinkworth make a great anytime snack
Method1. Heat the oil in a deep fat fryer or large saucepan.
2. Season the flour with salt and pepper.
3. Dredge the aubergine slices with the flour and shake off any excess.
4. Dip the slices in beaten egg and then coat with the Parmesan on both sides.
5. Fry the aubergine slices in batches for 1-2 minutes, until golden. Drain on kitchen paper and serve immediately.