On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Rachel Allen's Cake Diaries - Say it with Cake
- 20:30 - Rachel Allen: All Things Sweet - Afternoon Tea
- 21:00 - The Great Comic Relief Bake Off - Great British Bake Off Special: The Great Comic Relief Bake Off
- Prep time:
- 25 min
- Cook time:
- 40 min
This classic risotto from Gino d'Acampo brings together spring and summer vegetables in a typically Italian rice dish
Method1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan, and fry the onion, asparagus, mushrooms, pepper and courgette until softened.
2. Add the rice and continue frying for about 2 minutes, stirring all the time. Gradually pour in the vegetable stock, a little at a time, giving the rice time to absorb the stock between each addition.
3. Season with salt and pepper, and continue cooking for about 20 minutes until the rice is tender, but still has a hint of 'bite' to it.
4. Just before serving, add the butter and stir well. Serve garnished with Parmesan cheese shavings.