On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Rick Stein's Mediterranean Escapes - Corsica and Sardinia
- 21:00 - The Great British Bake Off - Pastry
- 22:00 - MasterChef - MasterChef
- Prep time:
- 25 min
- Cook time:
- 1 hr 35 min
Bill Granger's finger-licking recipe for sticky ribs is guaranteed to become a regular in your repertoire
Method1. Preheat the oven to 160C/gas 2. Put the ribs on a baking tray and season generously with salt and pepper. Roast for 1 hour, or until the ribs are tender.
2. While the ribs are in the oven, put the garlic, ginger, soy sauce, honey, wine, five-spice powder and hoisin sauce in a small saucepan. Place the pan over a medium heat and cook the sauce for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it has thickened.
3. Baste the ribs with the sauce and continue roasting for another 20 minutes.
4. Put the ribs on a chopping board, baste again with the sauce and cut into individual ribs.
5. Garnish with coriander, spring onions and chillies and accompany with lime wedges.
For the ribs
- 2 x 1.3 kg pork spare ribs
- black pepper
For the marinade
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger, finely grated
- 250 ml soy sauce
- 125 ml honey
- 3 tbsp shaoxing rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 tsp chinese five spice
- 125 ml hoi sin sauce
For the serving
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves
- 2 spring onions, diagonally sliced into 3cm chunks
- 3 long dried chillies, seeds removed and shredded
- 3 limes, cut into wedges