On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's Christmas with Bells On - Jamie's Christmas with Bells On Ep 2
- 21:00 - New: Choccywoccydoodah Christmas - New: Choccywoccydoodah Christmas
- 22:00 - Raymond Blanc's Christmas Feast - Raymond Blanc's Christmas Feast
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
Dinner in a dash - you'll fly through this quick, classic way of cooking skate wings in black butter from Mitch Tonks
Method1. Set the oven to 200C/Gas 6. Heat the oil in an ovenproof frying pan and add the skate wings. Fry for 1-2 minutes on each side, until golden.
2. Transfer the fish to the oven and roast for 6-7 minutes, until tender.
3. Remove the fish to serving plates and keep warm.
4. Melt the butter in the pan over a high heat until the it begins to brown.
5. Add the vinegar, capers, lemon juice and chopped parsley. Pour the brown butter sauce over the skate and serve immediately.