On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Two Greedy Italians - Puglia
- 21:00 - Hairy Bikers' Best of British - Sweet Tooth
- 22:00 - Donut Showdown - Picnic
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 25 min
Martin Blunos' boozy cream pastry is finished with a beautiful sticky glaze and plump summery strawberries
Method1. Preheat the oven to 170C/gas 3.
2. Lay the pastry sheet on a baking tray and brush with egg. Bake for 20 minutes, until crisp and golden. Remove and leave to cool.
3. For the cream, combine the vinegar, liqueur and vanilla extract in a bowl. Tip in the sugar and add the mascarpone and single cream. Stir to mix everything together.
4. Spread the cream across the centre of the cooled pastry and put on one side.
5. For the glaze, bring the jam and water to the boil in a medium saucepan. Remove from the heat and pour through a sieve into a clean pan. Return to the boil again and keep warm.
6. Top the cream with rows of sliced strawberries. Brush or spoon the warm apricot glaze over the edges of the pastry. Garnish with sprigs of mint and serve.
For the cream
- 1 tsp raspberry vinegar
- 1 tbsp strawberry liqueur, or strawberry vodka
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100 g caster sugar
- 250 g mascarpone
- 100 ml single cream
For the glaze
- 100 ml apricot jam
- 50 ml water
- 500 g strawberries, sliced
- mint leaves, to garnish