On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Food and Drink - Angela Harnett - Italian Food
- 20:30 - Food and Drink - Rachel Khoo - Entertaining
- 21:00 - River Cottage Every Day - Bread
- Prep time:
- 30 min
- Cook time:
- 50 min
For an easy, impressive lunch or supper, try Mary Berry's recipe for golden puff pastry layered with sunshine vegetables and Roquefort
Method1. Preheat the oven to 220C/gas 8. Roll the pastry out to a rectangle of about 43cm x 33cm and cut into 3 long strips lengthways - each width of pastry should measure about 13cm.
2. Lay 2 strips onto a baking tray and the third onto another tray. Brush 1 strip with beaten egg and milk and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 10 minutes, until the pastry is crisp and golden brown.
3. Combine the prepared vegetables with the oil in a plastic bag or bowl and toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Transfer to a roasting pan and roast for 30 minutes, turning from time to time, until soft and golden brown. Set aside to cool.
4. Lay 1 of the unglazed strips of puff pastry on a baking sheet, top with half the vegetables and half the Roquefort cheese.
5. Top this first layer with another unglazed strip and the remaining vegetables and cheese.
6. Lay the glazed pastry on top and press down lightly, then cover the top of the mille feuille with kitchen foil.
7. Reduce the oven temperature to 180/gas 4. Bake for about 10 minutes, until piping hot. Cut into 6 and serve with a dressed green salad.
- 375 g pack ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan
- dressed green salad, to serve
For the roasted vegetables