On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Raymond Blanc's Kitchen Secrets - Apples
- 20:30 - Raymond Blanc's Kitchen Secrets - Winter Vegetables
- 21:00 - Lorraine's Fast, Fresh & Easy Food - Easy Entertaining
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 25 min
David Massey's creamy pork and mushroom stroganoff makes a surprisingly easy mid-week supper
Method1. Heat the vegetable oil in a heavy bottomed non-stick frying pan until smoking. Season the meat and place in the pan, along with a bay leaf.
2. Fry quickly, stirring briskly until lightly browned. Remove with a slotted spoon to a plate and set aside.
3. Add half the butter to the pan and soften the onion on a low heat - about 3-4 minutes. Add the remaining butter to the pan and, when it has melted, add the mushrooms and paprika and fry for a further 2 minutes, until softened. Remove from the pan and add to the pork.
4. Spoon the soured cream into the frying pan and warm through. Tip the pork, onions and mushrooms back into the pan, bring the mixture to a simmer, and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until creamy. Stir in the lemon juice and parsley, and season to taste. Serve with boiled rice.