On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Rick Stein's Far Eastern Odyssey - Rick Stein's Far Eastern Odyssey, 4
- 21:00 - Rick Stein's Far Eastern Odyssey - Rick Stein's Far Eastern Odyssey, 5
- 22:00 - Rick Stein's Far Eastern Odyssey - Rick Stein's Far Eastern Odyssey, 6
- Prep time:
- 30 min, plus 1 hr and 15 mins rising time
- Cook time:
- 20 min
- makes 9
For a sweet treat, indulge in Paul Hollywood's traditional Cornish splits filled with strawberry jam and cream
Method1. Place the yeast, sugar, flour, butter and salt into a large bowl.
2. Make a well in the centre and slowly pour in the warm milk. Bring together to form a smooth dough.
3. Turn the dough out on to a floured surface and knead for about 5 minutes, until smooth.
4. Return the dough to the bowl, cover and leave to rise for 1 hour, until doubled in size.
5. Divide the dough into 9 pieces and shape into balls. Place the dough balls into small dishes that have been lightly buttered and floured.
6. Leave to rise for a further 15 minutes.
7. Preheat the oven to 220C/gas 8. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until browned and puffed.
8. When cool, split and fill with strawberry jam and whipped cream. Dust with icing sugar and serve.