On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - Michel Roux Jr and Michel Roux Snr
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers' Guide - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers Guide: Ep 8
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - On the Frontline
- Prep time:
- 25 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
If you're after curry in a hurry, try this speedy, spicy chicken dish from Alan Coxon
- 2 tbsp corn oil
- 2 onions, cut into 6 wedges
- 3 cloves garlic, shredded
- 1 tbsp hot curry powder
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 x 180 g chicken breasts
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 25 ml water
- 75 ml coconut cream, tinned
- 1 lime, grated zest and juice
- coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Heat the oil in a large pan over a moderate heat, add the onion and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Add the garlic, curry powder, chilli, paprika, cumin seeds and cinnamon, and cook for a further 2 minutes, until fragrant, stirring continuously.
3. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and add to the same pan. Stir well to ensure the chicken is well coated with the spices.
4. Add the tomatoes, tomato puree and water, and cook over a high heat for 3-4 minutes.
5. Pour over the coconut milk and simmer for a further 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Stir in the lemon zest and add enough lemon juice to sharpen. Serve with boiled rice.