On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - River Cottage to the Core - Roast Pork, Black Pudding and Gooseberries
- 21:00 - River Cottage to the Core - Blueberry Coronation Chicken and Two Course Pasty
- 22:00 - River Cottage to the Core - Pizza, Blackberry Beer and Chicken Pie
- Prep time:
- 25 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
If you're after curry in a hurry, try this speedy, spicy chicken dish from Alan Coxon
Method1. Heat the oil in a large pan over a moderate heat, add the onion and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Add the garlic, curry powder, chilli, paprika, cumin seeds and cinnamon, and cook for a further 2 minutes, until fragrant, stirring continuously.
3. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and add to the same pan. Stir well to ensure the chicken is well coated with the spices.
4. Add the tomatoes, tomato puree and water, and cook over a high heat for 3-4 minutes.
5. Pour over the coconut milk and simmer for a further 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Stir in the lemon zest and add enough lemon juice to sharpen. Serve with boiled rice.
- 2 tbsp corn oil
- 2 onions, cut into 6 wedges
- 3 cloves garlic, shredded
- 1 tbsp hot curry powder
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 x 180 g chicken breasts
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 25 ml water
- 75 ml coconut cream, tinned
- 1 lime, grated zest and juice
- coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper