On TV Tonight
- 21:00 - MasterChef - MasterChef
- 22:00 - River Cottage Road Trip - River Cottage Road Trip
- 23:00 - Rick Stein's Memoirs of a Seafood Chef - Rick Stein's Memoirs of A Seafood Chef
- Prep time:
- 25 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
Andrew Nutter's medley of tongue tingling flavours makes a great midweek treat
Method1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Pace the olive oil, coriander, shallots, garlic and cumin in a saucepan over a gentle heat for a minute or so - this helps bring out the flavour.
2. Smear this mixture under the skin of the chicken breasts.
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the chicken skin side down until golden brown. Transfer to the oven and continue cooking for 8-10 minutes.
4. Warm the curry powder in a small saucepan over a gentle heat. Remove from the heat and toss with the blanched cauliflower florets.
5. Coat the cauliflower florets in flour, and dip in beaten egg, followed by the breadcrumbs. Heat the oil and deep fry for about 2 to 3 minutes, until golden brown.
6. For the dressing, mix the chilli, yogurt, lemon juice, coriander, apple, shallot and tomato - season to taste.
7. Arrange the salad leaves on a plate. Scatter the cauliflower around, and place the chicken on top. Spoon over the yogurt dressing and serve.
For the chicken
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 pinches ground cumin
- 2 chicken breast supremes, with skin
- 3 tbsp olive oil
For the cauliflower
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 10 cauliflower, cut into florets and blanched
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 175 g white breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
For the yogurt dressing