On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Hairy Bakers' Christmas Special - The Hairy Bakers' Christmas Special
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Twelve Days of Christmas - The Hairy Bikers' Twelve Days of Christmas
- 22:00 - Rick Stein's Christmas Odyssey - Rick Stein's Christmas Odyssey
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 20 min
- 2 as a starter, 1 as a main
Genaro Contaldo illustrates just how peas make a perfect partner for almonds in this speedy but special soup recipe
Method1. Heat the olive oil and fry the onions until soft, but not coloured. Add the peas and sage leaves and cook for a further 5 minutes.
2. Pour in the stock, bring to the boil and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat, transfer the mixture to a blender and liquidise until smooth.
4. Serve the soup with a swirl of crème fraiche, garnished with the flaked almonds and orange rind.