On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Man v. Food Presents - Carnivore Edition (Volume 2)
- 20:30 - Man v. Food Presents - Carnivore Edition (Volume 3)
- 21:00 - Man v. Food Presents - Carnivore Edition (Volume 4)
- Prep time:
- 45 min
- Cook time:
- 40 min
Danny Boome turns trout into a tempting main meal with a Moroccan influence in this fabulous fish recipe
1. First make the chermoula - place the garlic, paprika, chilli and cumin into a bowl and mix.
2. Drain the liquid from the soaked saffron and add to the bowl. Whisk in the olive oil, salt and pepper and lemon juice to form a smooth paste.
3. Lay the fish fillets on a board. Spread the chermoula paste generously over the skinned side of the fish. Roll up tightly and secure with cocktail sticks.
4. Line a Chinese steamer basket or an ordinary steamer with cos lettuce or Baby Gem leaves and lay the fish on top. Put a lid on the steamer and steam for about 10-15 minutes, until the fish is cooked. Take care not to overcook.
5. Meanwhile, prepare the lentils. Rinse the lentils really well in several changes of water. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and cook for about 20-25 minutes, until they are soft. Puy lentils tend to keep their shape more than the orange lentils.
6. Drain, cool and then add the onions, tomatoes, artichokes and sun-dried tomatoes. Stir in the lemon juice and zest and finally fold through the coriander leaves, followed by the olive oil.
7. Toss everything together really well.
8. Spoon the lentil salsa salad into a shallow serving bowl. Remove the cocktail sticks from the fish and cut the fillets in half if they are very large. Place the fish on top of the salsa. Garnish with extra coriander and serve immediately.
For the chermoula spice paste
- 1 clove garlic, finely crushed
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 pinches strands saffron, soaked in a little cold water
- 50 ml olive oil
- 1 lemons, zest and juice
For the fish
- 1 sea trout, skinned and filleted (or any other fish of your choice)
- 1 handfuls cos lettuce, leaves separated or Baby Gem
For the lentil salsa salad