On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's American Road Trip - Louisiana
- 21:00 - River Cottage: Summer's Here - River Cottage Summer, 4
- 22:00 - The Great British Bake Off: Wedding Cake Special - The Great British Bake Off: Wedding Cake Special
- Prep time:
- 40 min
- Cook time:
- 55 min
Mike Robinson makes a little magic with tender rabbit braised in a cider-spiked sauce with garlic, melting onions, mustard and cream
1. Coat the rabbit pieces in seasoned flour and set aside.
2. Roughly slice up the onions and smash up the garlic a little, but do not peel it.
3. Melt the oil and butter together in a large frying pan and add the rabbit. Leave it to brown really well, then turn over and brown the other side.
4. Add the onion, garlic and thyme. Cook for 10 minutes, and then add the cider and mustard.
5. Put the lid on, and simmer for 40 minutes. At the end of this time, there should be very little juice left.
6. Add the honey, and then the cream, stir and continue cooking for one minute more, until the rabbit is almost falling off the bone.
7. Serve immediately with sauté potatoes, a green salad and a bottle of good cider.