On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Hairy Bakers' Christmas Special - The Hairy Bakers' Christmas Special
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Twelve Days of Christmas - The Hairy Bikers' Twelve Days of Christmas
- 22:00 - Rick Stein's Christmas Odyssey - Rick Stein's Christmas Odyssey
Method1. Preheat the oven to 170C/gas 3. Place the rhubarb in an ovenproof dish and cover with the sugar and water. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, or until the rhubarb is tender. Set aside to cool.
2. For the scones, mix the flour, sugar, and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
3.Grate the butter into the flour and mix together. Mix the beaten egg and single cream together in a separate bowl and pour into the flour.
4. Pat both hands with flour and transfer the dough from the bowl to a floured working surface. Roll out the dough to about 2 cm thick and cut out 8 rounds.
5. Brush lightly with beaten egg to glaze and place in a fridge for an hour to chill.
6. Preheat the oven to 220C/gas 7.
7. Cook the scones for 10 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
8. Leave the scones to cool a little. To serve, split open each scone in the middle and add the stewed rhubarb and a big dollop of clotted cream.
For the filling
- 500 g rhubarb, leaves discarded, stalks cut into 2cm pieces
- 150 g caster sugar
- 50 ml water
- 200 ml clotted cream
For the short scones