On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie at Home Christmas Special - Jamie At Home Christmas Special
- 21:00 - Nigella's Christmas Kitchen - Nigella's Christmas Kitchen, 1
- 21:30 - Nigella's Christmas Kitchen - Nigella's Christmas Kitchen, 2
- Prep time:
- 20 min, plus 6-8 hrs for marinading
- Cook time:
- 5 min
Discover the distinctive, vivid flavours of Latin American cuisine with Douglas Rodriguez's tasty recipe for marinated prawns
Method1. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Add the prawns and cook for 2 minutes. Drain and plunge at once into a bowl of iced water. Tip the prawns into a colander and pat dry.
2. Place the roasted tomato, jalapeno peppers, red peppers, onion, lime juice, orange juice, tomato juice, Tabasco sauce, sugar and salt in a food processor - blend together.
3. Pour the roasted tomato mixture over the prawns, mix together, cover and chill for 6-8 hours, or overnight.
4. Combine the red onion, chives, spring onion, coriander and tomato and toss with the prawns just before serving.
5. Serve with plain popcorn or crunchy corn snacks.
- 450 g raw prawns, peeled and de-veined
- 1 large tomato, roasted, peeled and de-seeded
- 2 jalapeño chillies, or other mild chilliesroasted peeled and de-seeded
- 2 red peppers, roasted, peeled and de-seeded
- 0.5 medium onions, roasted
- 165 ml fresh lime juice
- 110 ml fresh orange juice
- 55 ml tomato juice
- 1 tsp tabasco
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 pinches salt
For the garnish
- 1 red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 2 tbsp spring onions, chopped
- 6 coriander leaves
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- plain popcorn, or corn snacks