On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Raymond Blanc's Kitchen Secrets - Game and Mushrooms
- 20:30 - Raymond Blanc's Kitchen Secrets - Bread
- 21:00 - Lorraine's Fast, Fresh & Easy Food - Feel Good Food
- Prep time:
- 3 hrs, including making caramel
- Cook time:
- 2 hrs 10 min
Satisfy a sweet tooth the special way with James Tanner's sensational chocolate and caramel delice with a berrylicious raspberry sauce
Method1. Put the tin of condensed milk, unopened into a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and simmer for two hours, topping up the water level as necessary. Leave to cool before opening.
2. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of gently simmering water. Leave to cool to room temperature.
3. Fold the melted chocolate into the whipped cream.
4. Line a flan ring with baking parchment and put this on to a flat baking tray with a sheet of baking parchment on it.
5. Spoon half of the chocolate mix into the bottom of the ring in a smooth layer.
6. Open the tin of cooked milk and spoon the resulting caramel into a piping bag.
7. Pipe the caramel mix over the chocolate until the ring is two-thirds full. Fill the flan ring with the remaining chocolate mix; smooth over the top with a large pallet knife, and then leave to set in the fridge for two to three hours. Remove the ring and cut into slices with a hot knife.
8. To make the raspberry coulis, blend the raspberries with sugar to taste and then pass mixture through a fine sieve. Serve with the delice.
For the delice
- 450 g condensed milk, tinned
- 900 ml whipping cream, lightly whipped
- 600 g dark chocolate
For the raspberries
- 250 g raspberries
- 3 tbsp icing sugar