On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Heston Blumenthal: In Search Of Perfection - Peking Duck
- 20:30 - Heston Blumenthal: In Search Of Perfection - Fish Pie
- 21:00 - Madhur Jaffrey's Curry Nation - State of the Nation
- Prep time:
- 25 min, plus soaking
- Cook time:
- 8 min
Heat up your wok and try Ching-He Huang's healthy stir-fry with rice noodles, crisp greens and tender chicken
Method1. Soak the rice noodles in hot water for 20 minutes until they have softened.
2. Beat the eggs with salt and pepper and heat 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil in a frying pan. Pour in the egg and make a thin omelette - turn it out of the pan and and cut into thin strips. Leave the omelette one side while you make the pad thai.
3. Heat the remaining 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil and fry the garlic and sliced chicken breast until the chicken is barely tender and the garlic is golden.
4. Add the shrimps and spring onions to the pan and stir fry for another minute Tip in the drained noodles, peanuts and add the fish sauce, chillies, lemon juice and brown sugar. Stir fry over a high heat for a further minute.
5. Toss in the beanspouts, mangetout and omelette strips, and cook briskly for about 30 seconds more. Season to taste and serve piping hot, garnished with coriander.
- 300 g rice noodles, thick, dried
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp ground black pepper
- 100 g boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 60 g shrimps, cooked
- 3 small spring onions, shredded
- 3 tbsp roasted peanuts, coarsely ground
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 red chillies, seeds removed, sliced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 0.5 tsp brown sugar
- 120 g bean sprouts
- 50 g mange tout or sugar snap peas, sliced
- 3 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped