On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Hairy Bakers' Christmas Special - The Hairy Bakers' Christmas Special
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Twelve Days of Christmas - The Hairy Bikers' Twelve Days of Christmas
- 22:00 - Rick Stein's Christmas Odyssey - Rick Stein's Christmas Odyssey
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 30 min
Silvana Franco serves up another healthy version of a classic comfort dish
Method1. Cook the potatoes in a large pan of boiling water for 15 minutes or so until tender.
2. Meanwhile, place the haddock in a pan, pour over the milk and sprinkle over the spring onions. Cover, bring to the boil and simmer for 5-8 minutes until the fish is cooked; it should flake easily. Lift out the cooked fish and discard the skin and any bones. Pour the warm milk and spring onions into a jug - you'll need 200 ml - and there should easily be enough.
3. Drain the potatoes well and mash, ideally with a ricer, until smooth. Beat in the warm milk and spring onions, followed by the fromage frais. Gently fold in the flaked fish and check the seasoning - you're unlikely to need much, if any, salt, but grind in plenty of black pepper.
4. Spoon the mixture into a large, shallow heatproof dish and scatter over the cheese. Pop under a medium-low grill for 15 minutes until golden and crunchy on the surface.
The Hi Lo Cookbook contains all recipes from this series, buy it now at amazon.co.uk