On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Choccywoccydoodah: Starstruck - Things That Go Bump in the Night
- 21:00 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Salem
- 21:30 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Virginia
- Prep time:
- 25 min
This brightly coloured summer soup from Silvana Franco is delicious hot or cold
- 4 beetroot
- 1 pieces cucumber, 8cm, peeled and cubed
- 1 red chillies, seeded and chopped
- 2 tbsp sherry or red wine vinegar
- 4 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 1 red onions, finely chopped
- 4 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 pinches fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Place the beetroot, cucumber, chilli and 1.5 litres of cold water in a liquidizer and blend until smooth - you will probably have to do this in two batches. Pass through a fine strainer into a large jug, then stir in the vinegar and season generously. Chill until ready to serve.
2. Tear one slice of bread into each bowl then scatter over the red onion, tomatoes and garlic. Pout over the chilled soup, sprinkle over the parsley and drizzle each serving with a splash of oil.
The Hi Lo Cookbook contains all recipes from this series, buy it now at amazon.co.uk